1.0 About these policies
In these policies we may use terms. When we are talking about a client, user, or anyone who accesses our website, they are refereed as “you”. When we refer to us, WesTheWolf, we use “us”,”we”,”our”. We may refer to third party providers, we refer to them as “them”,”their”.
1.0 How we collect your data
When you access the WesTheWolf website or any WesTheWolf website, for example, https://www.westhewolf.com, or https://www.westhewolf.com/examplepage or even https://example.westhewolf.com. We collect your IP address. We also collect any information you provide us, for example via the Feedback widget, via any surveys we ask you to complete or the information you enter on a contact form.
We also allow you to sign up for our newsletter, we use a third-party service, called MailChimp, they would only store your data if you enter your email address in the form on our website. At any point you can unsubscribe by either contacting us, or clicking the link in emails we send you.
Why we collect your data
We collect your IP address for security reasons, your IP address is simply dumped in a file and is stored securely, this file is completely hidden from public view. We collect your Feedback, survey responses and contact form requests so we can contact you if necessary. We use third-party providers, called MailChimp for these services, they store the data securely on their servers.
How we use your data
We rarely use your IP address as information, this is simply logged for security reasons and we would only ever need to access it if we were required by law to block certain IP addresses from accessing our services. We use your contact information for internal use only, we may also contact you if you provided us with your contact information. We will, and never will sell your data to any other company. When you create a support case via, we store this information so we can address you by your name, contact you using your email address provided and so we can log cases for internal review of our support process, also in-case you are required to open the same case again.
In recent EU law, a new regulation called GDPR has come into effect giving EU users more control over their data. We allow any user to access these rights no matter where you live.
You have the right to:
- Stop us from using your data, temporarily or permanently, this will mean we would have to stop you from using our services;
- You have the right for your data to be destroyed;
- You have the right to view what data we store about you;
- You have the right to update any information we store about you
You can do any of the above by contacting us at any point in time. If you wish for your data to be destroyed, we will do so within 60 days of us receiving your request.
How long we store your data for
We only store your data for a reasonable amount of time. We destroy all data for every inactive user every 365 days, if you have been active, such as accessing our website, or contacting us this timer will reset.
Use of other services
You can contact us by emailing us: email@example.com or for GDPR requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use #WesTheWolf on your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook post, we may use this image on our website and social media, we will give credit to the photo owner. We will ask permission to use your images first.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through email:
- Email: email@example.com